Saturday, June 26, 2004

A first toe-dip

And so here we are, my first blogsperiment. My internet log of musings and rants of which I hope I can produce copious quantities of, in order to fill a blog space. But will it be the cornucopia of quality sweetmeats, a veritable khichuri of content that I hope it to be? Will it serve any purpose for anyone other than my own personal gratification? Or is personal gratification enough. Who knows.

My intention with this blog is to record my life as a Golmalist.

Golmalists are materialists who abhor the IKEA-sensibilities of a consumerist society that will eat itself but would kill to own an iPod.

Golmalists are pacifist who believe in violent retribution by any means necessary against crimes done unto them and theirs.

Golmalists are politically Libertarian Lefties but also hold onto crusty Authoritarian Right values when it comes to social and financial questions of wealth distribution.

You are a Golmalist if you voted New Labour. You are a Golmalist if you considered voting for New Labour. You are Golmalist if you live and work in New Labour's Britain today.

You are a Golmalist whether you like it or not.

I could insert here a witty phrase to encapsulate all this, but as usual Oscar said it first.



"To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity."

Oscar Wilde

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home