Monday, September 26, 2005

Tiffinbox Update

Note to listeners of Radio.Tiffinbox

Updated the playlist today. Expect to hear amongst other things, a funky mix of West Coast experimental jazz from the 70s, lots of Madlib as the Beatmaster and Lord Quas and beautifully crafted electronica from the likes of London-based Benge.

"Hello my name is Benjamin D Edwards. This is my ninth album I have recorded on my own. I like synthesisers and sports cars. There are nine tracks on my new album, and each one is named after a different sports car from a book my parents gave me when I was 9. They run a school which i could play in all the time when I was little. My favourite room was the music room. I recorded some of the instuments on this album in there like glockenspiels, piano, cymbals and drums and my favorite, the synthesiser. I can make any sound I like on synthesisers and my favorite kind are modular ones because you have to build the sound up from nothing using wires and make a sound nobody has ever heard before. Some of the music I recorded when I was on holiday in France, because I can use a portable synthesiser and computer. I hope you like the music, my favorite track is track 4 and I called it ‘Facel 3’ because that is my favorite car in the book."

Ben is 36 and you will be able to hear Facel 3 on Radio.Tiffinbox

2 Comments:

At October 25, 2005 12:41 am, Blogger de said...

David Sylvian and Square Pusher!!

You definitely rock.

 
At October 25, 2005 10:48 am, Blogger Siddhartha said...

The new David Sylvian album in the guise of Nine Horses has got to be his best and most accessible album in some time. The man's a minor deity.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home